Where are you currently tattooing?
I live and work in Richmond, Virginia. I am tattooing at my private studio located in Suite 112 at Phenix Salon Suites, 2421 Old Brick Rd, Glen Allen VA
How much do you charge?
In January 2021, due to rising costs of supplies and PPE, along with the complications of scheduling due to COVID and other conditions of our time, my hourly rate is going up to $200 per hour. If you began a large piece before 2021, the old rate still applies.
How can I book a tattoo appointment?
Books are currently closed to new projects. Current projects are booking late January to early February and I will reopen my books some time around then. To get on the wait list please fill out this Tattoo Inquiry form and I will contact you personally when my books reopen. Due to high demand, projects will be chosen based on the appeal of the idea and not on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How does the tattoo booking process work?
1) Follow the link above to submit your inquiry.
2) I will respond to you as soon as I am ready to open my books and we will schedule an appointment for the tattoo unless I decide I need to schedule a consultation.
3) At our consultation or via email, I will give you a general quote and ask you to pay a booking fee that varies depending on the amount of work required beforehand and the amount of time being reserved for the actual tattoo appointment. I will send you a link that will allow you to book your appointment and pay the fee. Please keep your confirmation email as it contains a link to reschedule if you need. Please let us know if you did not receive a confirmation email.
4) Please review my Booking Policies
5) Please arrive on time to your appointment or 5 minutes early for paperwork if you are a new client to the shop where the tattoo will be performed. Due to COVID-19 we do not allow guests. Come alone and bring your snacks, water, a blanket or pillow, a book, anything you need to be comfortable.
6) I do not allow artwork to leave my hands or my iPad. Artwork for tattoos will be seen on the day of the tattoo appointment, or at my discretion I may schedule a follow-up consultation where I will show you the art work before the date of the tattoo. This is usually only for large-scale pieces that would require a lot of time to change the design before the tattoo appointment.
What are your flat rates?
Flat rates are only for tattoos of my own design that are ready-made. These tattoos are not custom. That means if you reached out to me to design something, this does not apply to you. If you saw a design I did that you like but you want me to change it a little bit for you, this does not qualify for flat rate. Flat rates are as follows:
$700 Half-day (up to 4 hours)
$1300 Whole day (up to 8 hours)
How do I take care of a fresh tattoo?
Here’s my take on all that: https://fronkielheureux.com/aftercare-for-tattoos/
Can I get my booking fee back if I decide not to get tattooed?
The booking fee is not refundable. It represents your commitment to get tattooed by me for the agreed-upon design and budget. While it does go toward the tattoo when you uphold your commitment, the booking fee reserves time on the schedule and reimburses me for any drawing time. Please do not book if you are at all unsure.
Can I see the design before our appointment date?
No, as stated in the booking process above, I do not release custom designs until the date of our appointment. I block off extra time in our appointment to make sure we have time to make changes if necessary. For large scale pieces I may make an exception and schedule an appointment to view the sketch and discuss changes.
What can I do to prepare for my tattoo session? What should I bring?
If you haven’t had a big tattoo session before, I recommend taking a yin yoga class at least once, to train your body to breathe and relax into discomfort instead of resisting it.
You can bring a blanket, a pillow, a book, snacks, water, headphones in case you don’t like the music or need to zone out, anything that brings you comfort and strength like crystals or a stuffed animal. Do not drink a lot of caffeine or take any drugs or herbs other than arnica or ibuprofen.
If you’re getting a color/shading session on a tattoo that you’ve already begun and you don’t like the pain, you can buy Dr. Numb on Amazon and put some on the tattoo an hour before your session. Wrap it with serran wrap and keep it on until we’re ready to begin. This should buy you up to 3 hours of comfort. Do not do this for your first session because it prevents the stencil from adhering to the skin and can compromise the quality of the tattoo.
Anything else I should know?
Tattoos are a luxury and a very personal service. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. This will not be based on your genetic background, gender, sexuality, or political affiliations but solely on our interactions and whether or not we are a good fit for a harmonious working relationship.
If you’re planning on spending time in the sun and/or water, please do not schedule your tattoo within 2 weeks of that time, before or after. I cannot tattoo sunburned or peeling skin, and going in the sun or water within 2 weeks after the tattoo risks permanent damage to the tattoo. I will always give free touch ups for something I did that compromised the quality of the tattoo, but not for sun or water damage.